[Swprograms] baseball and captioning OT

as both these topics have arisen here, the NY Times has a good story about the Mets teevee captioner (captioneer?)

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/21/sports/baseball/21caption.html?ref=baseball

ef
Vancouver

PS: I have been struck with laughter over the two additional home plate umps in Washington.  The Jays have beeen there of late and watching the games, there have been 2 guys in full ump regallia sitting right behind the real ump (but in the stands) . . . their ump-like reactions have been (to me anyway) hilarious, as they leap up after a strike call and issue their very own strike call, in a mini- Busby Berkeley synchronized ump-action . . .