Re: [Swprograms] OT: Future of Digital Radio

Re: [Swprograms] OT: Future of Digital Radio

I suspect that first-run, "must-see TV (and movies)" will support this
model, but I believe that subscription models (Netflix, Rhapsody) will
retain a significant niche for a "value" consumer that doesn't care
about last night's "American Idle" episode.

I suspect TiVo - which would make use of today's cable delivery
platform - will remain important.  This will help give cable TV a
reason to exist, even if only a small percent of people watch a TV
show "live".

I believe digital OTA TV will largely be a bust.  The number of people
who will want to limit their access to OTA channels will continue to
drop as those who were brought up on three or four networks die
off...much like young people listen less to radio nowadays than young
people did in years past, and less than their older kinfolk (like us).

When it comes to cable and Internet access, you are now seeing a
tiering of broadband Internet access - with DSL starting as low as $15
/ month and FIOS at the high end.

Watch out for mobile broadband...I suspect that will become reasonably
ubiquitous within 5-7 years' time.

You read it here first...good luck with that!

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA