Re: [Swprograms] Happy 10th anniversary to the swprograms list

Re: [Swprograms] Happy 10th anniversary to the swprograms list

No argument from me on this...just stuck trying to find a
platform-agnostic (!) term.  "Shortwave" is two syllables and easy to
pronounce.  "International Broadcasting" is eight syllables, and
doesn't account for the fact that much of what's good out there is on
domestic services like CBC Radio One, BBC Radio 4, ABC Radio National,
etc.

"Global Radio"?

Good points, Joe.

Separately, I've been chatting with some of the Internet radio
enthusiasts regarding the viability of an e-group that has these
devices as its focus...the discussion wouldn't be limited to the
devices, though they'd be a key topic for discussion since there are
new models with new features arriving in the market, but would include
favorite programming / favorite sources.

I have the infrastructure set up for this group...let me know if you
all think it's a good idea.

Rich C