Re: [Swprograms] Cellphones Finally Make Radio Mobile?????

Re: [Swprograms] Cellphones Finally Make Radio Mobile?????

Yes indeed - that is correct.

The battle that will be pitched is who will control the devices, the
pipeline, and the content.

Here in the USA, those first two battles pitch different groups of
companies, and also a tug-of-war between pipeline providers.

Meanwhile the article itself is really pitched at content providers --
namely those who control (and seek to make money at -- "monetize") the
access to the music.  Who should they be doing deals with to get music
into our collective brains?

One can draw international broadcasting parallels in all these areas.
The issue of monetizing content is different, though...because that is
rarely part of the process.  Instead, that issue becomes "how do you
build awareness of content?"  How does a Radio Netherlands induce
people to tune in?

I don't think the new crop of "all you can eat" cellphone subscription
plans include data, but I could be wrong.

Richard C / Allentown P