Re: [Swprograms] New Year on Radio Australia

Re: [Swprograms] New Year on Radio Australia

I was listening via wifi radio. The name of the show is the Coodabeen Champions, a popular weekend program on ABC Local Radio; so this is a special edition for New Year's. Ian McNamara (a/k/a "Macca"), the host of Australia All Over broadcast on Saturday mornings, is one of the hosts for the New Year special. It was broadcast from Sydney and the description was not of the Hobart celebrations but of the Sydney Harbour fireworks extravaganza. Curiously, the program was aired "live" at midnight in Sydney, Melbourne and Hobart and repeated at midnight in Adelaide a half hour later, Brisbane a half hour after that, and Darwin, a further half hour later. I assume this will happen across the country. One program from one location ringing in the New Year across ABC Local Radio via repeats. Perhaps a result of cost-cutting?

John Figliozzi
Halfmoon, NY

P.S.:  Happy New Year!