To: "Shortwave programming discussion" <swprograms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 12:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Swprograms] Vienna Philharmonic

For what it's worth, I googled "vienna philharmonic listen online" to
yield at least three options for you:

1) BBC Radio 3.  It appears it will be in two parts (?) -- at 10:15
local time (GMT) and 11:15 local time.

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00gtm8y/episodes/2009.

You might have to capture it for listening later; while nearly all
Radio 3 content is streamed live, copyright restrictions often
preclude on-demand listening.

The homepage for Radio 3 is http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/.

2) Also, the webcast of "All Classical.org", KBPS in Portland, OR will
air the Vienna Philharmonic as of noon local time -- 2000 UTC.  See
http://www.allclassical.org/pages/programs_listen.php5

3) NPR in the past has aired the concert nationwide.  WGBH in Boston
will again host and air (and presumably stream) the concert at 11 AM
ET (1600 UT).  See http://www.wgbh.org/classical/

So you have some options...this sound like a good tradition that I
might have to begin following myself!

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA