From: Fred Waterer <programming_matters@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 10:31 AM
Subject: [ODXA] Re: Letter from America
To: odxa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is all part of the centenary of Alistair Cooke's birthday, which
occurs this week.

Also on BBC Radio 4 yesterday (Tuesday):

Remembering Alistair Cooke

James Naughtie presents a tribute to Alistair Cooke, who would have
been 100 this week. Friends, family and colleagues remember his life
and career in broadcasting, including the late Charles Wheeler and his
biographer, the late Nick Clarke.

As well as his weekly Letter from America broadcasts, the programme
appraises his work in television and as a public speaker and essayist,
his interest in sport and jazz, and his many friendships with some of
the leading lights of politics, music, sport and Hollywood.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/news/alistair_cooke_remembering.shtml

Alistair Cooke Memorial Lecture

As part of the BBC's celebrations of Alistair Cooke's centenary, David
Mamet delivers this year's lecture before an invited audience at the
newly opened Broad Stage in Santa Monica, California. The subject of
the lecture is language, and it is introduced by the BBC's North
America Editor Justin Webb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/news/alistair_cooke_lecture.shtml

Fred Waterer

To those of you who seek lost objects of history, I wish you the best
of luck. They're out there, and they're whispering. - Clive Cussler

http://www.doghousecharlie.com