Re: [Swprograms] BBC Newscast Shifts Lineup on U.S. Public TV Stations

Re: [Swprograms] BBC Newscast Shifts Lineup on U.S. Public TV Stations

No argument from this quarter on that point, Sandy.  That's why I've kept my subscription to Sirius Satellite Radio--it has BBC, CBC (R1, R3, RCI)  and WRN.  But--other than the obvious competitive/copyright issues--I don't see why cable hasn't created a pay tier of international sources like BBC World.  Pay satellite has done a little better, but not much.

It seems that BBC America has seen the handwriting on the wall on that score and that's why they've shifted some of their current affairs fare into what had been just an entertainment service.  I also get some DW programming on our educational access channel and CNN International does seem to be more open to a wider variety of topics and sources than CNN domestic.

But I do get your wider point and agree with it wholeheartedly.

jaf