From: Kevin Anderson <k9iua@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 12:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Swprograms] RNW to end shortwave usage to North America
as of the B-08 schedule change
To: Richard Cuff <rdcuff@xxxxxxxxx>

One huge advantage of internet-based delivery schemes over all other
methods is the instant and complete nature of statistical information
available.  A radio station can know on a daily, hourly, or even by
the minute, how many users are "listening" (streaming or downloading a
podcast) and, with just a bit of analysis, approximately from where
each accessed from.  OTA shortwave can't compete in this regard.
Short of having all listeners e-mail once a week a "listening log" to
a clearing house similar to an Arbitron diary, they would have no idea
when someone is listening at a statistical level anywhere close to
internet.

More of the "just-in-time" "me" world applied to international broadcasting.

Kevin