[Swprograms] my introduction

Hi everyone, my name is Carlos Altman. I have had a tech license (kf4uln) for 11 years, and I am now working hard to get a general ticket. I am a totally and permanantly disabled vet and is very much retired. I had a bout with a stage 4 lymphoma, but have won it so far.
I have a serious love for DXing and have a small portable sw receiver and I use it all the time. It is the only hobby I have and I love it.
My friend got me interested in radio several years ago when we worked at the Sheriff's Dept. together. He has had a general license for probably 45 years.
My intentions are is to continue to learn every aspect of DX and read from those in this club that know what their taking about. I have several old books, that I have read and studied with.
One can probably imagine what my budget is like. If there is anyone that has an old ancor laying around that they could donate I would be most grateful. It probably would change the rest of my days.
Thank you for letting me voice my interests, and I'll be listening with you.
Sincerely,
Carlos
kf4uln