Re: [Swprograms] Slightly OT: Re: Grace Digital wifi radio $159 at BestBuy (USA)

Re: [Swprograms] Slightly OT: Re: Grace Digital wifi radio $159 at BestBuy (USA)

Richard Cuff wrote "So I went and took the plunge on the Grace Digital wifi
radio for $159 at Best Buy Online with my winnings."

and

"This looks to be a US-branded Logik IR100 radio; it had been dinged in the
UK for iffy wifi reception, but the radio now sports an external antenna and
has received positive reviews."

I've got the Logik IR100 (paying the UK equivalent of $90 for it in a large
computer retail chain in London) and I'm pleased with it.

It does depend on the Reciva database but once you register the radio and
yourself with their database you can add "My Streams" which are your own
stream URLs in addition to "My Stations" which come from their database.

If the Reciva website is unreachable (which has happened to me once in a few
months) then the radio continues to work (but obviously there are no updates
to the station lists).

There seems to be a considerable "computer enthusiast" interest in these
units, which are essentially small Linux computers, so if Reciva went out of
business I suspect that other solutions to the provision of the radio
database would emerge.

Hope this helps,

Mark Hawkins