Re: [Swprograms] BBC World Service North American Stream

Re: [Swprograms] BBC World Service North American Stream

Actually there's a third stream available...sort of...

The PRI stream, offered to US public radio stations,  isn't available
24/7 from any single BBC source, but there are stations who stream who
base their content largely on the BBCWS; one of these stations does
stream the BBCWS 24/7.

The PRI stream -- the same as the Sirius stream -- is kind of a cross
between the "BBC News" and "Infotainment" streams, but there is some
diversity in air times which can be helpful if you want to listen
live.

Here are three options that stream the PRI BBCWS content for more than
half their days

One is the "KCRW News" stream, URL
http://media.kcrw.com/live/kcrwnews.ram; you'll find BBCWS content
there weekdays from 0300 to 1000, 1200 to 1500, 1700-1800 (weekdays),
and 1800-1900 with NPR and PRI news-oriented content most of the rest
of the time.  There are some additional BBCWS programs in these other
time slots on the weekend.

The second is the "WKSU 2" stream from WKSU in Ohio.  They air BBCWS
programming from 0100 to 1000, 1400 to 1500, and 1800-1900 (weekdays).

The third - and the most thorough - is the Vermont Public Radio "BBC
World Service" stream -- its URL is
http://vpr.net/vpr_files/stream_playlists/vpr_bbc_mp3.pls.  It's a tad
narrow - at 24kbps - but still decent.  The list of programs they air
is here:  http://www.publicradiofan.com/cgibin/station.pl?stationid=5374.

The PRI schedule features the first hour of Sportsworld at 1400 on Saturdays.

Hope this helps -

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA