Re: [Swprograms] HD radio audio delay problems...

Re: [Swprograms] HD radio audio delay problems...

Rich Cuff wrote:

<<
Stations that broadcast in HD are supposed to inject an analog delay
to allow the receiver to switch between the analog and digital signals
with no audio hiccups.

Apparently this isn't often the case, as shown in the article below.

http://radiomagonline.com/currents/radio-currents-101507/#delay>>

I hear a delay when listening to the same station on both the ordinary FM receiver and the HD receiver at the same time.  I didn't realize this was caused by the station's misadjustment (as the article states), or is the delay I'm hearing different than what the article is describing?  I don't know what is meant by the blending/switching of the analog & digital signals.

Joe Buch wrote:

<<
Once the need for alternative programming is realized, the NAB will
lobby the FCC to drop the requirement to carry the same program
material on the digital and analog services.  Eventually they will
probably drop the analog program ala what is about to happen with TV.>>

Huh?  The FCC requires identical programming on digital and analog?   Here in Philadelphia, I listen to classical music on the HD radio from WHYY-HD, while listening to talk on WHYY-FM.   In Washington, DC, WAMU-FM is regular NPR news/talk/features, while one of their HD channels is strictly bluegrass music.  Am I misunderstanding what you're saying, Joe?

Saul Broudy