Re: [Swprograms] Fwd: [uk-radio-listeners] How will radio change in future?

Re: [Swprograms] Fwd: [uk-radio-listeners] How will radio change in future?

One of the most annoying factors requiring life-style
modification in order to enjoy SW programs was the
continual need to track frequency and schedule changes
as the propagation gods did their best to disrupt
reception.

I think one reason BBC became the dominant SW service
was their ability to camp on a frequency all day and
night so listeners could choose the frequency that
worked best at any given time.  You could always find
BBC on either 15.070, 12.095, or 5.975 for decades
here in North America at different times of day.  As I
remember, 15.070 was non-directional at one time
providing an easy listening source no matter where in
the world one traveled (skip zone excepted).

Tracking seasonal and diurnal changes was such a pain
in the butt that John Figliozzi got rich selling
schedule/frequency information to ease the need for
individuals to research on their own. 8-)

The URLs for my favorite internet radio stations have
been bookmarked and are always there when I want to
listen.  That is worth the cost of my DSL service.

Joe Buch