Re: [Swprograms] Fwd: [Swlfest] Recordings of Radio Moscow

Re: [Swprograms] Fwd: [Swlfest] Recordings of Radio Moscow

I finally got round to finding three links to Radio
Moscow material in my favourites and then googled
around and came across a whole lot more which I have
downloaded, mainly of Moscow Mailbag, details below:

Three broadcasts about cryopreservation made by Radio
Moscow in the 1980s featuring Boris Berlitsky. There's
an interesting contrast made between the Communist and
Capitalist system at the end of the first talk. Click
on Moscow 1, 2 and 3, worked without any problem for
me on IE, not on Firefox:

http://www.cryonics.org/media/mediabb.htm

>From WFMU:

Vasily Strinikov, the Casey Kasem of Radio Moscow,
discusses how he first learned of the August 1991
Soviet coup. Followed by Radio Moscow's first
announcement of the takeover.
http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/KF/mind/07_-_Soviet_Putsch_Radio_Moscow_-_Soviet_Putsch_Radio_Moscow.mp3

After the putsch fails, Radio Moscow apologizes for
their unprofessional journalistic activity of the
previous three days. Not a word about the half-century
before that, though.
http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/KF/mind/32_-_Radio_Moscow_-_Apology.mp3

Moscow Mailbag on Voice of Russia, date not given:
http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/AK/01_-_Moscow_Mailbag.mp3

>From Simon Mason's numbers station site:
Radio Moscow answers Simon Mason's question on numbers
stations 1988(download link):
http://www.swldxer.co.uk/radiomoscow.wma

>From WBAI Off the Hook archives for download, off air
recordings of Radio Moscow North American service:

March 13th 1989
Edition of Moscow Mailbag at 15' 45 plus other
international broadcasting
http://www.2600.com/offthehook/1989/0389.html

29th November 1989 Part 2, three minutes of Radio
Moscow news at 48'30.
http://www.trust-us.ch/oth/1989.htm

4th January 1990: New Year broadcast, Radio Moscow New
Year programme, 64 minutes in, starts with announcers
singing Silent Night, also includes Old McDonald Had a
Farm and ends with them singing Auld Lang Syne.
29th March 1990: 1 minute 50 in, Soviet Viewpoint.
Moscow Mailbag 12 minutes in.
25th October 1990: Moscow Mailbag 6 minutes 30 in.
all at:
http://www.trust-us.ch/oth/1990.htm

21st August 1991
Report on coup against Gorbachev, 26 minutes in:
http://www.2600.com/offthehook/1991/0891.html

>From the WUSB Brain Damage archives for download,
again Radio Moscow North American service off air
recordings and later tapes sent direct from Moscow:

March 19th 1988: 7 minutes 59 in, short recording of
Radio Moscow news
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1988/0388.html

June 4th 1988: 6 minutes in, Radio Moscow phone in
programme with teenagers in the US and Soviet Union
(16 minutes), then 49 minutes in introduces and plays
Radio Moscow interval signal, news, complete Moscow
Mailbag edition, discussion programme between KMOX and
two Radio Moscow personnel, this recording lasts 47
minutes.
June 11th 1988: Moscow Mailbag followed by News in
Brief, 41 minutes in.
both at:
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1988/0688.html

December 10th 1988: 44 minutes 30 in, Moscow interval
signal, news bulletin
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1988/1288.html

January 28th 1989: 15 minutes in, Radio Moscow reports
from the home scene
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1989/0189.html

February 18th 1989:
Moscow Mailbag 9 minutes in
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1989/0289.html

March 11th 1989
Moscow Mailbag, 23 minutes in
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1989/0389.html

April 29th 1989
Moscow Mailbag, 11 minutes 40 in
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1989/0489.html

May 6th 1989
Moscow Mailbag, 15 minutes in
May 13th 1989
Moscow Mailbag, 9 minutes in, ends by mentioning times
of transmission as 24 point 10, 02 point 10 etc
May 27th 1989
Radio Moscow, 18 minutes 30 in: most of a fascinating
live phone in programme on London station FM LBC with
the British section of Radio Moscow, Boris Berlitzky
and Richard Alibergoff(sp?) were the Moscow
participants, at the UK end presenter was Brian Hayes,
Hugo Young of the Guardian and UK callers phoning in,
first caller asks why Mrs Thatcher is popular in the
Soviet Union when she isn't that popular in the UK,
another caller suggests a international tribunal for
Soviet officials involved in Stalinist purges and mass
executions, 29 minute feature, all at:
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1989/0589.html

June 3rd 1989
Moscow Mailbag 2 minutes in, later a news report from
the BBC on Tianeman Square and a short one from Radio
Moscow BBC 39 minutes 26 in, Moscow 45 minutes 40 in.
June 10th 1989
Moscow Mailbag 6 minutes 40 in, Soviet Viewpoint 39
minutes 30 in
June 17th 1989
Moscow Mailbag 9 minutes 10 in
June 24th 1989
Moscow Mailbag 15 minutes 45 in all at
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1989/0689.html

July 8th 1989
Moscow Mailbag 15 minutes 45 in
July 15th 1989
Moscow Mailbag 9 minutes 15 in both at
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1989/0789.html

September 30 1989
Moscow Mailbag 11 minutes 45 in, Soviet Viewpoint on
US drug abuse 118 minutes 30 in
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1989/0989.html

October 21st 1989
Moscow Mailbag 11 minutes 40 in (no Adamov this week)
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1989/1089.html

November 18th 1989
Moscow Mailbag 12 minutes 45 in (again no Adamov)
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1989/1189.html

December 2nd 1989
Moscow Mailbag 3 minutes 25 in (explained that Joe has
been unwell)
December 9th 1989
Media Roundup from Radio Moscow 15 minutes 35 in both
at
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1989/1289.html

January 20th 1990
Moscow Mailbag followed by Soviet Viewpoint on US
invasion of Panama, 1 minute 45 in
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1990/0190.html

March 10th 1990
Soviet Viewpoint, withdrawal of troops from Prague
then Soviet Mass Media Review 9 minutes 50 in (I'm
fairly sure the Viewpoint commentator is Doris Maxina
from the UK service)
March 24th 1990
Soviet Viewpoint, 24 minutes in
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1990/0390.html

April 28th 1990
Soviet Mass Media Review, 4 minutes 40 in
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1990/0490.html

May 5th 1990
Moscow Mailbag, 6 minutes 20 in
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1990/0590.html

June 16th 1990
Moscow Mailbag, 7 minutes 10 in
June 30th 1990
Soviet Mass Media Review, 15 minutes 50 in
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1990/0690.html

August 18th 1990
Soviet Mass Media Review, includes Iraqi invasion of
Kuwait, 13 minutes 55 in
August 25th 1990
Moscow Mailbag, 5 minutes 50 in
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1990/0890.html

22nd September 1990
Moscow Mailbag, Joe Adamov returns and explains his
absence, 26 minutes in
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1990/0990.html

11th November 1990
Moscow Mailbag, 3 minutes 10 in
17th November 1990
Soviet Viewpoint, 30 minutes 55 in
24th November 1990
Moscow Mailbag, 8 minutes in, ends with a surprising
Joke of the Week all at
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1990/1190.html

December 1st 1990:
Moscow Mailbag 39 minutes 50 in, Joe just back from,
and talks about, a visit to the US
December 15th 1990:
Moscow Mailbag 9 minutes in, all questions from a
listener who wants to remain anonymous!
December 22nd 1990:
Radio Netherlands Jonathan Marks report on new radio
stations in Eastern Europe, 41 minutes in
Moscow Mailbag 63 minutes 25 in
December 29th 1990:
Moscow Mailbag 23 minutes 10 in
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1990/1290.html

January 5th 1991
Moscow Mailbag 17 minutes 56 in
January 12th 1991
Moscow Mailbag 6 minutes 40 in
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1991/0191.html

February 9th 1991
Off air excerpts of Radio Moscow and Moscow Mailbag 15
minutes in, believe it's Doris Maxina reading the
news, ends with start of Vasily's Weekend, 42 minutes
of Radio Moscow in this show
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1991/0291.html

March 9th 1991
Moscow Mailbag 9 minutes 40 in
March 16th 1991
Moscow Mailbag 6 minutes 50 in
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1991/0391.html

April 6th 1991
Beginning of programme missing so straight into Moscow
Mailbag
April 13th 1991
Moscow Mailbag 2 minutes 40 in
April 27 1991
Moscow Mailbag 8 minutes 55 in
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1991/0491.html

May 4 1991
Moscow Mailbag 18 minutes 55 in
May 11 1991
Moscow Mailbag 13 minutes 55 in
May 18 1991
Moscow Mailbag 11 minutes 30 in
May 25 1991
Moscow Mailbag 10 minutes 30 in
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1991/0591.html

June 1 1991
Moscow Mailbag 18 minutes in
June 8 1991
Moscow Mailbag 17 minutes 30 in
June 15 1991
Moscow Mailbag 3 minutes 45 in
June 22 1991
Moscow Mailbag 11 minutes 20 in
June 29 1991
Moscow Mailbag 9 minutes 35 in, also tape from
shortwave of Croatian Radio in English as it becomes
an independent nation 47 minutes 20 in.
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1991/0691.html

July 6 1991
Moscow Mailbag 36 minutes 30 in (end cut off)
July 13 1991
Moscow Mailbag 24 minutes 15 in
http://www.2600.com/braindamage/1991/0791.html

August 17 1991