Re: [Swprograms] DC Radio Experiment Ended

Re: [Swprograms] DC Radio Experiment Ended

My three cents:

1.  It would seem to me to be lunacy to put liberal and conservative
talkers on the same station.  You'll only annoy both groups.  Picture
this:  a right-wing fan who shuts off his car while tuned to his
favorite liberal basher comes back to the car when a liberal talker is
on.  He starts his car, hears the "liberal propaganda" and vows never
to listen to that station again...

2.  I listened online a couple times to WTWP, capturing audio at 7 AM
and then listening on the way to work at 8 AM.  For rush hour radio,
it was insipidly chatty and interrupted with advertising.  It was in
no way a substitute in tone or tenor for NPR programming; the segment
I heard focused on celebrity gossip which is something NPR steadfastly
(thankfully) ignores.

3.  WTWP died because it offered no compelling reason to tune in.

WTWP would soon challenge Buffalo's WWKB as the country's biggest
waste of 50 kW clear channel watts, if it weren't for WTWP's carriage
of Major League Baseball.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA