Re: [Swprograms] So what are people listening to nowadays? And how are you listening?

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:07:11 -0400, in shortwave you wrote:

> Sandy Finlayson mentioned the other day that his BBCWS listening was
> "at an all time low".
>
> I suspect that most of us probably listen to shortwave less nowadays
> than before, given the alternatives.
>
> So -- how about other folks?  What are your listening interests in
> 2007?  Are there programs or broadcasters you listen to without fail?

I enjoy listening to the Voice of Croatia at 0200 UTC on 9925 kHz.  It's
much better than in the days of the Tudjman regime.  Roughly 10 minutes
of news/sports/weather, a 5-minute cultural report, and 15 minutes of
Eastern European pop music, which I personally find oddly nostalgic,
even if it's not the greatest music out there.  (It's better than the
ghastly Asian pop, which all seems to be performed by foppish boy bands
with pointless hip-hop influences, or cookie-cutter women.)

I enjoy Radio Taiwan International; especially the classical music
program "Jade Bells and Bamboo Pipes".

And it's good to have Radio Slovakia International back on shortwave;
Pete Miller's Friday programs are particularly interesting.

--
Ted S.
fedya at bestweb dot net