Re: [Swprograms] OT: Beware XM Roady XT

Joe,
While your choice is ideal in the perfect world, I do realize
that there are lots of e-mail readers, particularly in the
Windows world, that will not automatically word-wrap at the
recipients end either.  I have not been able to make heads or
tails of this, as sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

While I too have also been frustrated when cutting/pasting text
to need to delete carriage returns, as a recipient there is also
nothing I hate more while reading e-mail than having to
constantly scroll my browser to the right and left to deal with
e-mail messages that my browser is not word wrapping.  Same goes
with frustrations with websites that won't adjust to my screen
or browsers screen width and insist on running things off to the
right, wider than 800 pixels, and in many cases wider than 1024.

In other words, you can't win at everything.  What helps some
people ends up creating problems for others, and you
unfortunately cannot know ahead of time which it will be, as
there is no consistency on the Internet and any given list will
have people of both categories.

At least you turned off the style-text issue, which was the
biggest help, especially for people who read lists by digest.

Kevin Anderson

--
Kevin Anderson, Dubuque IA USA, K9IUA