[Swprograms] La plus ca change...

Re. Richard's posting -

"Once merged, a-la-carte packages would be offered that provide various
channel mixes at rates less than $12.95/month.  Such packages "...will
include an attractive mix of music, news, informational, sports,
children's, and religious programming...."
>snip<
Wonder if a "public radio bouquet" would be offered?"

Want to bet that you'll find they're rapidly going down the cable TV road as
regards packages?

I bet when the time comes you'll find 'packages' that consist of one or two
highly desirable channels interlarded with unlistenable crap - the audio-only
analogs of cable packages that force you to accept 30 channels of cubic ziconia
programming for each channel that is actually wanted.

I think that we'll soon be seeing the radio equivalents of garbage like QVC and
HSN paying Siruis/XM to be carried by them and their streams placed in
subscriber packages.

Because of this additional revenue stream Sirius/XM will *not* be allowing the
peasantry to buy by the individual channel.

It was fun while it lasted but the mediocre *always* drives out the good in
present day society.

Lee