Re: [Swprograms] Budapest ending Italian; English? [language lesson]

Re: [Swprograms] Budapest ending Italian; English? [language lesson]

Stephen Ponder wrote:

Saul,

I guess I used the wrong word.  What I meant to say was
that the "sh" sound was what would have identified the
speaker as authentic.  :0)

If you listen to their internet feed, the speaker doing
the intro doesn't use the "sh" in "Budapest," but the
speaker who reads the news does.

Ah, I see what you meant now... the use of the "sh" sound by the newsreader is "peculiar to" native speakers of Hungarian.    ;-)

73,

Saul Broudy