Re: [Swprograms] Fwd: [ODXA] Sirius and XM Merge

Re: [Swprograms] Fwd: [ODXA] Sirius and XM Merge

Therein lies the debate...the argument will be that the "finite
resource" is the space between one's ears and the time afforded to
fill that space.

Keep in mind this is a highly fixed-asset business.  Each new
subscriber obtained yields mostly profit -- certainly it yields a lot
of cash -- and it would be folly for the surviving operation to hike
fees by a large amount.  The last thing they want to do is tick off
the subscriber base.

The real losers in this are the content providers -- NASCAR, NHL, MLB,
NFL.  No longer will there be a bidding war between two satellite
providers.

Not that I'm sympathetic to the plight of XM or Sirius.  They have
only themselves to blame for shelling out beaucoup $$ for Howard Stern
and his ilk.

It would be poetic justice if the "king of all media" brought about
the ruin of said media...

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA