Re: [Swprograms] Is WRN Now Also Gone from Sirius?

Re: [Swprograms] Is WRN Now Also Gone from Sirius?

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised.  Every time a new medium comes
on the scene, there is much hope about attention to interests that
usually are ignored by more established media.  But there is always
disappointment in the end as the new kids on the block inevitably (it
seems) start to chase the lowest common denominator.

For my part, I can't resist the urge to blame the fact that these new
services always seem to turn to the same old tired warhorses that
know the old media oh so well, but haven't a clue about how to
reposition a new medium.  Hear that, Mel Karmazin?  (And if you're
such a genius, why's the stock price approaching penny stock status?)

It may be inevitable, but that doesn't make it any less
disappointing.  Looks like pretty soon I'll be canceling my
subscriptions, selling my satellite radios and resorting to
downloading podcasts and listening to my local NPR affiliate again.

Ranting away with apologies,

John Figliozzi