[Swprograms] ABC Radio National's "Rear Vision": Middle East focus

[Swprograms] ABC Radio National's "Rear Vision": Middle East focus

Folks reading my NASWA column may remember that I recommended this
program as an improved realization of the idea BBC's "Essential Guide"
weekly series, which I was surprised to see listed in Passport 2007's
list of Top Ten programs.  As described on the program's website,
"Rear Vision attempts to change [the fact that news and current
affairs are presented in an historical vacuum] by presenting
contemporary events and people in their historical context."

I use the term "surprised" because Rear Vision is much, much more
in-depth than the 9-minute length of "Essential Guide".

Like most Radio National programs, the most recent four editions of
"Rear Vision" are available for download / on-line streaming, and
three of these four editions cover Middle East topics that look like
they're worth a listen:

Hezbollah
Radical Islam in Pakistan
Shiites

These will be available for one more week before the oldest (Shiites)
rolls off the archive.

"Rear Vision" airs on Radio Australia Thursdays 1330, Sundays 0305,
and Sundays 0605, according to Kevin Kelly's Public Radio Fan website.

Show website:  http://www.abc.net.au/rn/rearvision/

Best regards,

Richard
--
Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA

International broadcasting / shortwave blog:
http://www.intlradio.blogspot.com