Re: [Swprograms] Seattle, too...with BBCWS 24/7

Re: [Swprograms] Seattle, too...with BBCWS 24/7

Plus, I still can receive sometimes the BBC on short wave, especially in the early evening on 5.975 or 9.480.  But almost all of my listening is on line, especially with the archived broadcasts.  Using the CC Crane FM Stereo transmitter has made it easier to listen throughout the house.

Finally, using Replay Radio plus an MP3 player more than satisfies my listening needs.  In fact, there's too much to listen to.  I miss shortwave, but I welcome the new technologies.

By the way, thank you for all your contributions to short wave listening.

Ira Holmes
Ocala, FL

Richard Cuff wrote:
Hi, Ira -- no doubt it's easier & cheaper to listen online if that's an option.

WHYY in Philly's HD2 channel also has increased BBCWS coverage.

Once HD radios get to $150 or less, I may take the plunge, especially
for a radio that is somewhat portable.

It would be interesting if a market opportunity opens up for HD radio
converters for cars.  I remember in the 1960s and 1970s that car
radios often didn't offer FM, or it was a pricey option.  I remember
installing FM converters in both of my cars -- screwed them into the
center console -- that were admittedly klugey but did the job.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA