Re: [Swprograms] [dxld] RCI`s drastic schedule changes

Re: [Swprograms] [dxld] RCI`s drastic schedule changes

Ricky:

Though you and I as shortwave afficionados would like to think
otherwise, there is such a small overlap between shortwave and
subscription satellite that I doubt cost recovery is a direct
rationale.  To be truthful, RCI in English to USA has been in a slow,
steady decline since the days of Ian McFarland.  There hasn't been USA-
specific content from RCI in many years.  I do think, however, that
someone must have reasoned that if RCI were going to continue, it
would need a new mission.  Sirius and the internet do a much better
and more complete job relaying CBC content to the US than RCI ever did
or ever could.  For RCI to contine to do this (and poorly) just wasn't
going to work.

Will this?  Who knows?  But it's understandable that RCI would at
least try.

John Figliozzi
Halfmoon, NY