Re: [Swprograms] [dxld] RCI`s drastic schedule changes

Re: [Swprograms] [dxld] RCI`s drastic schedule changes

Given that stations of all stripes -- particularly those that have
long been niche stations like RCI -- have had trouble scoping out a
raison d'etre since the early 1990s, I am more willing to give RCI the
benefit of the doubt and allow the new service an opportunity to find
its legs.

What I still have trouble figuring out is how immigrant Canadians will
find out about them; one thinks RCI would have to reach out to
Canada's existing multilingual / "ethnic" - formatted radio stations
and other mass media.

It would be interesting to see a comparison of how immigrants in both
Canada and the USA get their news -- does the Internet receive a
greater proportion of first mentions for immigrants than for native
English (and French) speakers?

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA