Re: [Swprograms] [dxld] RCI axes webcasts (or not?)

Subject: RCI Streamcasting disappearing.
From: Tester
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 16:59:42 -0800
Newsgroup: alt.radio.networks.cbc

A while back, RCI streams disappeared from rcinet.ca to be replaced by Viva
which has selected programs on demand and pointers to CBC 1 Toronto and SRC 1.
However, the streams were still there if you knew where to find them. There
were 6 streams - RCI satellite I (English) in Realaudio and WMF, RCI satellite
2 (French) in both formats and RCI satellite 3 (multilingual) in both formats.

Now, however, RCI 1 (English) seems to be on the old RCI 3 URL's and none of
the other URL's work. Pas de français! Appelez le PQ!

rtsp://www1.rcinet.ca/encoder/liverci.rm (Realaudio)
http://ms.radio-canada.ca/liverci?MSWMExt=.asf (Windows Media)
(via Dan Say, DXLD)

I get the rtsp link but not the other one; at 0342 UT Sun Nov 26, just running
IS and IDs, so not clear which programming axually on it at other times. The
RCI1 satellite schedule http://www.rcinet.ca/rci/PDF/B06_RCI-1.pdf is
supposedly 24/7, with Vinyl Tap during this hour (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)