Re: [Swprograms] Clear The Channels

Heh.  The problem is that my focus when setting up this group was
"easy listening" -- shortwave stations that one listened to because of
*what* they said, versus being DX catches; the thinking back in 1999
was that we'd use this forum to discuss SW programming interests.

As less and less of English-language shortwave counts as "easy
listening" anymore, with the BBC, DW, Radio Norway, RVI, and HCJB all
either gone or tougher to hear, and with others offering multiple
delivery methods that are, frankly, potentially easier and more
convenient, for many,  than twisting knobs on the SW receiver, I have
expanded my own listening habits to these alternative means..

I figure there are plenty of other SW resources to which one can turn
for discussion relating to DX catches, and my interest here remains on
internationally-focused and/or shortwave programming, with
indifference to the delivery and consumption methods used.

At least that's my thinking...others remain more interested in SW for
SW's sake, and I don't begrudge them for that.

I truly believe SW has been deemphasized in Europe / NA / Japan
prematurely, as there are still definite advantages to the
capabilities of SW.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA