Re: [Swprograms] RCI monitoring Tuesday morning

Re: [Swprograms] RCI monitoring Tuesday morning

Glenn Hauser <wghauser@xxxxxxxxx> graced hard-core-dx.com with these
words of wisdom:

> I suppose CBCNQ 9625 had Sounds Like Canada after 1500, but reception
> was very poor. Earlier at 1410 they were in Inuktituk as usual, and
> guess what --- for the second day in a row, altho I e-mailed
> Sackville master control yesterday about it, 15240 again carried
> CBCNQ instead of R. Sweden in English, when checked at 1433. I also
> had checked 15240 in the previous half-hour and then it was R.
> Sweden, in Swedish. Something must be misprogrammed in the automation
> requiring a human override once they get around to it.

I'm more curious to know what the deal is with the Radio Korea broadcast
at 1200 on 9650.  In each of the past two years, reception has *suddenly*
deteriorated on the day of the October time change (from a SINPO of 4's
and 5's before, to 2's at best after).  I emailed Bill about it last year,
and he thought I might be in a skip zone, but that wouldn't explain why
the poor reception comes about so suddenly.

Does anybody know if the transmitter changed its azimuth for the KBS
broadcast?

--
Ted <fedya at bestweb dot net>
TV Announcer: It's 11:00.  Do you know where your children are?