Re: [Swprograms] RCI monitoring Tuesday morning

Re: [Swprograms] RCI monitoring Tuesday morning

I agree -- although history programming can be interesting if there
are interviews with eyewitnesses / scholars that discuss the impact or
consequences of the event, or take a global event and describe unique
regional / country-specific consequences.

I remember a YLE series on WWII in the late 1980s (I think) that was
interesting because of the specific Finnish view.

A glaring example of a badly-done TDIH was a Voice of Russia series on
historical world events a couple years back -- I don't think it's on
the current schedule.  It sounded like someone reading out of an
encyclopedia, and the grammar appeared to be at a 4th grade / 5th
grade level.  Furthermore, the day I had the misfortune to catch the
program it was about Argentina's Eva Perón -- the program wasn't even
about Russian history.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA