From: jfiglio1@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfiglio1@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:35 AM
To: Shortwave programming discussion
Cc: dxld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; odxa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Swprograms] PRI Gone from Sirius

That would explain it some, though there had been some overlap previously
between the PRI programs on XMPR and Sirius' PRI World.  "This American Life"
had not been exclusive to either, but other programs were depending on their
origins (WGBH, WHYY, KCRW, Chicago Public Radio etc.)

If XM skunked Sirius on this one, it wouldn't be the first time.
Parenthetically, I wonder if the BBC News feed on Sirius is now the more or less
straight news service programmed by London rather than PRI's somewhat richer mix
that's been there the last two years or so.
I'm unable to tell so far from checking the Sirius and BBC web sites.
BBC still says that BBC Mundo is available via Sirius, which is no longer true;
so they probably haven't updated that page yet.

Change is inevitable in dynamic and competitive industries like this one.  But
the frustration lies in the paucity of advance and explanatory information.
Does everything have to be treated like some state secret?  If Sirius lost the
contract, why not just say so?  If they decided to go in a different direction,
why not just explain why?

John Figliozzi