Re: [Swprograms] Why all the revised A06 schedules?

Re: [Swprograms] Why all the revised A06 schedules?

Kevin,

Having just two SWBC seasons a year really doesn`t cut it, especially for
stations with high-latitude paths to cope with (and other stations which have
to cope with them). You know, there used to be four seasons, two months in
spring and fall, and four months in winter and summer. But it got to be just
too much bother to make all those changes, and was confusing to listeners. So
altho there is no official S-06 season any more, a number of stations do make
changes around this time of year. But I think you will find that most of them
still wait until the end of October, often to their own detriment. Solar min
also makes it necessary to go lower as winter approaches (in the north), and
this may not have been anticipated six months ago in A-06 frequency
coordination.

73, Glenn Hauser