Re: [Swprograms] WSJ Question of the Day: "What would get you to subscribe to a satellite-radio service?"

Re: [Swprograms] WSJ Question of the Day: "What would get you to subscribe to a satellite-radio service?"

For home use, plan to have an outdoor antenna, preferably with a
northwestern exposure given your location.

Satellite radio is really much more valuable as a mobile technology
than an at-home technology, especially if you have broadband internet
connections and a WiFi network; I doubt I would bother with it if I
were interested primarily for home use.

Your suggestions regarding Live365 and Yahoo Launchast are good ones,
also consider  Real Rhapsody.  If your interest is classical music, I
enthusiastically recommend Naxos radio.

For you, Bill, the decision to nix it makes sense -- looks like you
were more interested in its potential at home vs. in the car.

Rich C