Re: [Swprograms] WSJ Question of the Day: "What would get you to subscribe to a satellite-radio service?"

Re: [Swprograms] WSJ Question of the Day: "What would get you to subscribe to a satellite-radio service?"

Since this has already garnered me some 15 or 16 emails from people on
the list who emailed me  privately, I want to take a chance to defend my
statements  after being lampooned in 99% of the emails. I speak from
purely personal observations.

I took the test drive of both XM and SIRIUS on line among other things-
I did so with the 70s channels in mind. Neither of them surpassed the
70s music I have on my computer- I had just about anything they played.
Last year I actually bought SIRIUS got it home and after doing
everything went to the 'test channel' to make sure it could be received
in my home. And no it could not be. Now the fun exciting part was trying
to tell them, their product did not receive the signal- I was told thats
basically too bad, I paid for it, and I am basically for the want of a
better term, screwed. After many phone calls to SIRIUS I finally put the
purchase in dispute with Capitol One and it was finally resolved.

Again those are strictly my views; I am sure not all agree with me (or
any at all), and maybe to some of you it's worth the $ you pay monthly.
To me? It's not- its just another way to have some other corporations
get into your wallet.  If you want commercial free radio, try live365 or
launchcast; it won't cost you a thing

73s

Bill Bergadano
KA2EMZ

PS- I have XMs music channels on DIRECT TV for which I am now told I can
expect a service increase for something I never use. Oh the land of the
free!