From: swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Daniel Say
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 11:07 AM
To: Shortwave programming discussion
Subject: Re: [Swprograms] [dxld] BBC SW

> What little listening I do to the BBC now is done online.  The abandonment of shortwave has had a major impact on the amount I listen to the BBCWS.
>
> We all knew that this day would come when they first abandoned North America but it is indeed sad.  It hardly seems worth it to search the dials for weak BBC signals any more.
>
> Sandy
>  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Mr. Sandy Finlayson
> Philadelphia, PA

	But the "weak" signals intended for another
	market are sometimes more interesting.
	   The Africa service is more interesting
	than the general service most hours.
 	   They used to (sigh!) have a wonderful
	"East Asia Today" program three times a day,
	and heard here via the Singapore relay across
	the Pacific quite clearly that was better than
	a daily bath of news.
	   Travelling in Asia, it was essential late
	night listening to know what was happening in
	the region if one didn't read the local language.

	   VoA is unlistenable to me, but the French
	African service is a different bouncy animal.

	  Anyway all the ex-pats wanted was the Saturday
	football results for their pools tickets.

					Dan Say
					Vancouver, B.C.