[Swprograms] Music Time in Africa (VOA) Schedule Change

[Swprograms] Music Time in Africa (VOA) Schedule Change

Matthew Lavoie announced today on MTIA that starting April 2 they will be playing the shows, which were previously two separate half-hour shows, back-to-back twice on Sundays, at 0900 and again at 1930 UTC.  They will also be repeating Sundays programs on the following Saturdays at the same times.

I get the show at 1930 on 17.895//15.240 here in central Pennsylvania USA.

I think the show has improved somewhat since Lavoie replaced Rita Rochelle as the announcer.  Lavoie seems more knowledgeable about the music and provides more background information about what he is playing.   Leo Sarkesian still is active as the "Senior Music Man", and they usually play some of his field recordings in the first segment of the program.

I have gotten myself on their mailing list and have received two mailings from the show recently.  One envelope contained a 2006 VOA calendar and program guide.

-Scott Walker
-New Cumberland PA USA