Re: [Swprograms] Will NPR replace the VOA as America'sEnglish-language voice?

Re: [Swprograms] Will NPR replace the VOA as America'sEnglish-language voice?

We probably disagree on whether the VOA--as it is ostensibly
constituted, not how it has been forced to operate in recent times--
meets the test.  Operating in full compliance with its Charter, I
would argue that the VOA was the sole and proper vehicle for this
mission.

As for NPR, it's problem has nothing to do with, what I would argue
is, an erroneous charge of liberal bias.  It's problem has to do with
the fact that it's programming is designed with a domestic US
audience in mind, not an international audience.  It assumes that its
audience is acquainted with concepts, facts and ideas that an
international listener probably won't be.

John Figliozzi