Re: [Swprograms] slightly OT: Need a new Sirius rcvr -- any recommendations?

Re: [Swprograms] slightly OT: Need a new Sirius rcvr -- any recommendations?

Inventory is indeed down right now.

The Sportster is one possibility, but the Starmate might also be my choice.

The Starmate requires individual plugs -- versus a 'docking' station
-- which is frankly handy given my use of the radio at work, home, and
in the car.

The Starmate also offers a 30-position song / artist memory; the Sanyo
only had 10.  I believe the Sportster has a 20-position memory.

Both the Sportster and Starmate have the 45-minute audio memory.

Vendors like Crutchfield / Circuit City / Best Buy have better
selection than Sirius themselves at this point.

Perhaps I wait out the changeover...presumably the new units get the
extended bandwidth needed for us in the USA to get RCI Plus and the
other Canadian channels > #184.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA