Re: [Swprograms] slightly OT: Need a new Sirius rcvr -- any recommendations?

Re: [Swprograms] slightly OT: Need a new Sirius rcvr -- any recommendations?

I don't know what the original purchase price was and whether or not
they are refunding you cash money, but the Kenwood H2EV Radio with Car
and Home Kits would appear to be your best bet at this point.  $59
after rebate gives you the whole shebang.  You'll probably end up with
a little cash in your pocket from the refund and after the rebate.  In
a way they would have covered all your hardware costs and then some
over the past year.

OTOH, it appears that Sirius is flushing out most of its current
product (with the notable exception of the S50) and planning to roll
out some new units in the near future.  Checking siriusradio.com,
there's a paltry list of radios on offer right now.  Most if not all
of the new stuff will likely have some recording capability that most
of the current units (again with the exception of the S50) lack.  So
you may want to wait a few weeks and see what happens.  I know when I
was trolling around my local Circuit City store just before Christmas
there was not a Sirius unit to be found there, but lots of XM units in
stock.  That can be termed either the Stern effect or poor planning by
Sirius, I suppose.  Given their announced sub numbers though, I would
suspect the former more than the latter.

Then, again, there's always the Sportster model offered at Radio Shack.

Just my 2c...

John Figliozzi