Re: [Swprograms] Radio Netherlands RFE/RL documentary

--- Ted Schuerzinger <fedya@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> The "On Target" brochure lists a 2300 UTC
> broadcast
> >> for Europe on 1179 kHz
> >
> >> medium wave, via Radio Sweden's transmitter at
> >> Sölvesborg.  I don't know
> >
> >> if that reaches southeast England.
> >>

> > It was unreliable and they have dropped it.
>
> So it doesn't reach England, then!  :-)
>
> I'm surprised they don't have any English broadcasts
> on 1512 kHz.
>
> --
> Ted <fedya at bestweb dot net>
> Oh Marge, anyone can miss Canada, all tucked away
> down there....

1179 got affected by geomagnetic variations being
northerly and there is also a Spanish station on the
frequency. The only time available was midnight local,
not the best, and also at that time it relied on
automatic operation to put the Netherands feed on
which did not always happen.

Radio Netherlands would have been quite happy to carry
on hiring 1512 but when RVI closed shortwave they
stopped making it available for hiring.

Mike