[Swprograms] Unusualness on WBCQ & Off The Hook

[Swprograms] Unusualness on WBCQ & Off The Hook

Following WoR on WBCQ at 2330 UT 12/7/05 on 7415 kHz
a different program than had been on in previous
weeks was aired. "Marion's Attic" had been used as
an unscheduled fill-in during that half-hour between
WoR and "Off The Hook", but that day "Creation Nation"
came on instead. What struck me as odd about this was
that an actual scheduled airing of an hour-long
"Creation Nation" was replaced by an Allan Weiner
WorldWide repeat at 2300 on 12/4/05. So maybe this
was a make-up because that scheduled one was missed
for some reason? But this was only a half-hour slot
instead of an hour. I don't know if Creation Nation
is one of those programs made in really-half-hour
segments that just airs two of them in an hour slot,
or what... Unfortunately, I couldn't wait around to
check what happened at 0000 and also propagation got
unusually bad that evening so I couldn't even hear
"Off The Hook" which I normally do listen to.

Speaking of "Off The Hook", do others in this forum
also listen to that? If you care about it, maybe you
could join me in e-mailing the program (oth @ 2600.com)
to request that they acknowledge that they really ARE
on shortwave in the content of the program, especially
in their sign-on and sign-off announcements. A couple
weeks ago, they read a part of an e-mail I had sent them
about several topics, but ignored the part in which I
identified myself as a listener via shortwave and
specifically requested that they mention their shortwave
frequency and outlet (WBCQ) in the program itself. They
act like they are only hearable on WBAI locally or via
the Internet, and I am mystified by why they want to
ignore the other medium.

73, Will