Re: [Swprograms] New Eton SW Porsche Radios

Re: [Swprograms] New Eton SW Porsche Radios

Ray, I'll address only the antenna question.

If XM is like Sirius, then the antenna units are interchangeable
within their intended function.  The two examples you show are the
antennas for a home installation; they would optimally be set on a
windowsill or on the roof.  I have mine snugged under a couple roof
shingles to give it more vertical visibility.

While this is just my opinion, $350 seems expensive, without knowing
more about its technical performance specs.  Based on the rather
sparse description at the website, I personally wouldn't buy one.  I'd
rather save my money for an E1XM which has received very favorable
reviews.

You should contact Eton and volunteer to review one for the hobby
community...and sell that review to Monitoring times.

You might want to contact the Passport editorial staff
(http://www.passband.com) and see if they've done any reviews...I know
of none myself.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA