[Swprograms] Sirius vs XM

Thanks to all who contributed comments in response to my musings on
the differences between the 2 providers. Much appreciated!

Here are a few responses of my own:

1. Yes, I agree that the gaps between the 2 BBCWS streams offered by
each service are small. But to me, they're important. For example, one
of my favourite programmes on the WS is the twice weekly documentary
slot (on Monday and Wednesday). They are offered on the full NAm,
stream (and thus XM) but not the news-only stream (and thus not
Sirius). If and when the feature programmes get shifted to the
weekends, as John notes, will they then be offered on the news-only
stream, or remain on a re-jigged Americas stream??

2. Thanks Rich for the link to the RCI-3 service. Seems nice, but
nothing to write home about, at least from my point of view.

3. CBCR1 on Sirius. Rich, you say that it seems to be from the
Atlantic time zone. OK, now you're got me interested. I travel to the
east coast frequently (I'm originally from Nova Scotia). One of my
"must listen" programmes when I am there is "Information Morning" from
CBC Halifax. I would be very interested to know if that is broadcast
on the CBCR1 stream on Sirius. It would seem to be a long-shot, but
one never knows.

4. Thanks for the feedback regarding reception of both services. That
type of info is important, too, of course.

In a perfect world, I'd have both, as some others have, but financial
considerations preclude such a step.

73,
Peter