Re: [Swprograms] CBC Radio One's new lineup

On 31/10/05, Richard Cuff <rdcuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks to Kevin Kelly, he of the excellent
> http://www.publicradiofan.com website, is a link to a blog by Tod
> Maffin discussing the changes planned for Radio One next week:
>
> http://radio.blogware.com/blog/_archives/2005/10/28/1328758.html

>From what Todd writes, it is more of the same garbage that we have
been treated to in the afternoons. "The Roundup" was a waste, and this
new show seems to follow in its footsteps. An extra half-hour for the
afternoon drive show here in Toronto? Thanks but no thanks.

However, the new news slots at 4 & 5 PM might be a good offering. I
just hope that they last longer than the short-lived world newscast at
10 PM that was introduced last year. (Can't remember the name of it
right now.)

CBCR1 never fails to disappoint....

73,
Peter Bowen