Re: [Swprograms] RCI Portuguese

On 10/19/05, Daniel Say <say@xxxxxx> wrote:

> > --
>
>         No, CBC already has their own sw transmitters,
>         they just need to boost the power and add some
>         new directional antennas.
>
>         They don't need the RCI transmitters.

Dan, I presume you're speaking of the transmitters currently used on
9625 kHz to reach the Inuit.  Aren't those transmitters for CBC's
mandate to Canada, not elsewhere?  RCI, in its mandate to serve us
Yankees, sees fit to send us CBC domestic programming versus
RCI-produced programming.

Besides, doesn't the same Sackville crew manage all these transmitters?

I see this as two separate issues.  If the CBC wishes to use SW to
reach Canadians in English, then I agree they would use "their own"
transmitters, not RCI's.

I see this as a argument over semantics and budget dollars...since
RCI's funding comes from the Heritage Ministry and, not directly at
least, the CBC's budget.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA