[Swprograms] New Zealand DRM

Regarding this item in DXLD 5-181:

                 DRM SERVICE Begins 22 January 2006

1651-1750  7230 NE Pacific, Fiji, Samoa, Cook Islands
1751-1850 11610 NE Pacific, Fiji, Kiribati, Samoa, Cook Islands
1851-2235 13595 All Pacific
2236-0358 15720 All Pacific
0400-0759 13690 All Pacific
0800-1059  9460 All Pacific
1100-1300 13840 NW Pacific, Bougainville, PNG, Timor, Asia
1300-1650  7230 All Pacific

This will be a true test of the long-distance capabilities (or weakenesses) of
DRM. The robustness of RNZI's analog service is quite good. At the height of
this summer (and their winter), I was able to receive RNZI here in Calgary from
about 0400 until 1400 the next morning.
Now, if I only had a DRM-capable receiver to test my theory ...

Ricky Leong
Calgary

--
The whistle shrill still lingers on