Re: [Swprograms] Programmes I Like (# 10)

Re: [Swprograms] Programmes I Like (# 10)

Minor amplification and a bit of history:

The news breaks at :01 and at :29 may be NPR or BBC news breaks,
depending on the station airing "The World" and their contractural
obligations.

For instance, WHYY in Philadelphia features NPR news in the breaks;
Sirius' PRI World channel features BBC News.

Otherwise, Peter, your review is spot on.

Interestingly, "The World" was initially created as the natural
replacement to "Monitor Radio".  When "The World" was first launched,
there was an early morning edition offered as early as 5 AM ET (0900
or 1000 UTC, depending on DST), an hour before NPR's "Morning Edition"
first went to air.  Steve Inskeep (who was with Monitor Radio) was the
host.

NPR then moved the start of "Morning Edition" to 5 AM ET, and the BBC
and PRI dropped the early edition of "The World", replacing it with
today's "World Update".

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA