Re: [Swprograms] URBONO New Orleans on 15285

Glenn Hauser wrote:

> ** U S A. WWL is on 5835, 250 kW from South Carolina. Heard with good sig here
> in Gilbert, AZ (Kevin Redding, 0306 UT Sep 5, WTFDA via DXLD)

Regular WHRI programming on 5835 kHzended just before 0500 UTC Wednesday, with
an announcement telling listeners to switch to a 7 MHz frequency for more
religious pap. Transmitter then went off for about 30 seconds.
Open carrier followed for about 10 seconds before the shortwave station ID was
played again. It immediately cut to WWL programming mid-sentence. CBS News on
the hour came two minutes later.
There was no prior announcement regarding the contents of the special relay.
WWL 870 is currently inaudible at my location, but the WHRI relay is doing well
at 0517 UTC, SINPO 45454. (I'm listening in my apartment using a Sony 7600GR and
a Vectronics AT-100 active antenna with 25-inch whip plugged into the antenna
input. Signal is slightly noisier when using the radio's whip with random wire.)
Regarding commercials, I noticed that a "normal" commercial for an auto
insurance company was played right after the news. The storm-related spots are
continuing.

Ricky Leong
Calgary, Alta.

--