[Swprograms] Strange radio station goodies

[Swprograms] Strange radio station goodies

I'm curious to know what the oddest promotional gifts are that you've
received from various radio stations.  (Not things you've won in a
contest.)  I ask because I've written to Radio Prague twice in the past
few months and received some, shall we say, "interesting" gifts:

A 15-cm ruler with a small protractor on one end (actually useful for me
since the markings are wearing off of both of my current rulers!), and,
more interestingly,

A Radio Prague *sponge*.  No, I'm not making this up.  It came in the
envelope dry and pressed down into a fairly thin package (about 4mm per
the Radio Prague ruler!) and is shaped like an art deco letter S.  I
didn't know what it was supposed to be at first, since I saw the side that
said, "Come and Ride the Waves" in all of Radio Prague's broadcast
languages.  Only when I turned it over did I see the inscription "For a
perfect sponge just put in water".  (To be honest, with all the humidity
we've had, it's doing a good job become a sponge all on its own.)

The only other item I've received that comes close to the Radio Prague
sponge came several years ago -- a Voice of Free China manicure set!

I know a lot of you have been listening to shortwave far longer than I
have: so what's the strangest gift you've received from an international
broadcaster?

--
Ted Schuerzinger, fedya@xxxxxxxxxxx