Re: [Swprograms] Radio Australias Pacific Beat

Re: [Swprograms] Radio Australias Pacific Beat

Bill, you (and the list) are getting a sneak peek at my August NASWA
column here - Asia Pacific is now podcast, which means you can also
download the program as an MP3 file.  I talk abou this in the August
"Easy Listening" column.

The easiest way to do this is with a freeware podcast management
package -- ipodder is the most well-known.  Go to
http://ipodder.sourceforge.net/index.php to download it.

Once installed, you then visit
http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/asiapac/ and copy & paste the podcast
URL into your podcast software.

Alternatively, without bothering with Ipodder, you can simply open the
podcast link in your browser  and then copy the URL where the XML text
reads "<encousure url..." into the address line of your browser.
Ipodder simply automates this process.

Both the weekday and weekend editions are available.

Bill, I've also written to RA about this in the past -- and sent them
an 'attaboy' when I discovered this.

Richard Cuff